[open-data-day] Open Data Day 2012 - Vancouver?

Low, Linda linda.low at vancouver.ca
Wed Nov 14 00:23:22 GMT 2012

Hi Chris,

It will be great to have your help.  Someone who have experience!  I have never been to a hackathon myself so I am going to rely very heavily on the Hackthaon how-to guide<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fBuisDTIiBAz9u2tr7sgv6GdDLOV_aHbafjqHXSkNB0/mobilebasic?goback=.gde_137043_member_178951292&pli=1#h.5fhginmacz65>.  What role(s) did you play at the event?

Luke Closs have also showed interest and we have started some initial conversations.  We are thinking to host the event at the City Hall building.  The next step for me is to assess the venue to make sure the room can fit our need (i.e., internet accessibility, weekend access...etc.)

Let's see if there will be more people joining in before we assemble an "official" Vancouver team.  It will definitely be a BIG plus if someone can provide food and drinks at the event.

Linda