[open-data-day] Hack the Label virtual hackathon

Joe Andrieu joe at andrieu.net
Mon Feb 18 07:29:53 GMT 2013

Hello all,

I'm happy to share that the Information Sharing Work Group (ISWG
at [1]http://informationsharingworkgroup.org) is going to host a
virtual hackathon as part of Open Data Day.

The Standard Label is an easy way for people to understand what
websites do with our personal data. It's like a USDA Nutrition Facts
Label for information we share online. We have an initial design, a
draft specification, and an early alpha of a browser plugin. It's about
as open as we can make it: open source, open data, open process.

One of our main goals is to establish an open data repository of
Standard Labels for the world's most popular websites.

Iain Henderson and I co-chair the ISWG and we'll be hosting a virtual
hackathon organized via IRC, skype, and an online collaborative agenda
at [2]http://standardlabel.org/opendataday.html

Iain is in Scotland; I'm in Santa Barbara, California. We'll be
scheduling online time throughout the day based on who shows up and
what people want to work on.

If anyone wants to connect, we'd love to collaborate. Just drop me an
email or leave a note at the hackathon
page [3]http://standardlabel.org/opendataday.html.

Cheers and best of luck everyone in your final preparations for next
Saturday!

-j

--

Joe Andrieu