[open-data-day] Hello from Poland (and a list of projects)

Lukasz Jachowicz ljachowicz at centrumcyfrowe.pl
Sat Feb 23 11:09:20 GMT 2013

Help from Centrum.Cyfrowe.pl (Warsaw, Poland).

We started two hours ago.

IT projects:
1. Mirroring the base of public information bulletins (official information of administration) to git (so we would have updates history)
2. Connecting database of Sejmometr.pl with CiviCRM, so that we could easily mail deputies.
3. Scraping data with timetables (currently only on webpages) and providing it to everyone who wants to write an app based on it.
4. Creating a database of government officials for given date (will provide API)
5. Visualisation of NOTAMs. (notice to airmen) - useful for general aviation pilots
6. REST service that allows to count the time to travelling between two points in Warsaw.
7. Politwoops for Poland.

Additionally, non-IT people take part in design thinking workshop trying to find out new use for cities' data.

We have 50 people here. Lunch in one hour :-)

Lukasz
--
Centrum Cyfrowe Projekt: Polska
http://centrumcyfrowe.pl