[open-data-day] Open Data Day was great

Ton Zijlstra ton.zijlstra at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 12:40:24 GMT 2013

Hi David, all,

Just a short mail to say I think Open Data Day was awesome again. It seems
as if the timing (end of Feb) created a lot more energy than the previous
December dates.

I was glad to see that even though I could myself only be in one place
(Warsaw), my efforts to get others moving paid off in events happening in
Copenhagen (DK) and in Enschede (NL) my home town. In Warsaw we brought
together over 50 coders, and some international guests from
the ePSIplatform conference the day before.

And did you see that in Italy various government bodies used Open Data Day
to launch their own open data initiatives?: 3 new local and regional
portals, the Italian Senate opening up a Linked Data portal to release
parliamentary data, and one region releasing all their geodata. All in
collaboration with Italy's Open Street Map and the local open data
community. See http://epsiplatform.eu/content/italian-open-data-day-deluge

Already looking forward to next year's edition!

best,
Ton
Interdependent Thoughts
Ton Zijlstra

ton at tonzijlstra.eu
+31-6-34489360

http://zylstra.org/blog

*Share your real life open data experiences,*
*observations and anecdotes:*
http://epsiplatform.eu/content/share-your-story