[open-development] group brainstorm / web conference on web content tagging / taxonomy stuff?

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Tue Aug 11 20:16:43 UTC 2009

I'd definitely be interested in participating in this!

Sören Auer, of DBpedia, is on our Advisory Board (and in carbon copy).
Sören: do you know of any semantic web initiatives related to
international development?

In general we're very keen to continue to add resources related to
international development to CKAN:

  http://ckan.net/tag/read/development

This currently supports user-generated tags, but we're also thinking
of adding domain specific metadata, where this might be useful (e.g.
bounding boxes for geodata..).

--
Jonathan Gray

Community Coordinator