[open-development] Oxfam report on making aid more effective?

Karin Christiansen karin.christiansen at publishwhatyoufund.org
Wed Aug 19 19:07:56 UTC 2009

I think the specific item was about this -
http://www.oxfam.org/en/pressroom/pressrelease/2009-08-19/urgent-reform-need
ed-poverty-afghanistan

For what it is worth, we have been working closely with Oxfam, esp Oxfam US
on aid transparency. They have been doing lots of research etc on it, and it
is a key part of the reforms they are campaigning on in theUS . And are both
one of the most supportive and progressive of the agenda.

They also have an aid effectiveness mailing list run from the list on their
us site which you might want to subscribe to. It is at the bottom of the
page - http://www.oxfamamerica.org/campaigns/aid-reform

In terms of the transparency of csos - there something called the cso open
forum going on : http://www.cso-effectiveness.org/
We shall see what it delivers, but we have been talking to them from Publish
What You Fund and working to get NGO/CSO's own aid transparency as part of
the agenda.