[open-development] Thanks for your input to "top questions on aid" + new coordinator for the group?

Chris Watkins chriswaterguy at appropedia.org
Mon Aug 16 16:57:27 UTC 2010

Sounds good to me. Hi Tariq!

I'd love to explore some new directions, and have some projects in mind, so
I look forward to sharing these soon.

Chris

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 23:47, Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org> wrote:

> Just to give some context: I proposed that Tariq could take on this
> role and *strongly* support having him as a dedicated coordinator for
> this group! I think there's a lot of potential and it would be great
> to invest a bit more time to help set up regular calls, and get ball
> rolling on various activities! ;-)
>
> Jonathan
>
> On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 6:20 PM, Tariq Khokhar
> <tariq.khokhar at devinit.org> wrote:
> > Dear All,
> >
> > Firstly: Thank you to everybody who contributed to the "Top Questions on
> > Aid" pad at http://lopad.org/SPj4g52cpv - we've got 32 questions sourced
> > from 16 or so individuals in our immediate network. Great stuff!
> >
> > Claudia's Aid Transparency LinkedIn group: http://linkd.in/9qTTkf was
> also a
> > valuable channel for inviting collaborators - I'd encourage those with an
> > interest to join.
> >
> > Secondly, after speaking with Jonathan this morning and Cormac last
> month,
> > I'd like to propose/volunteer myself as coordinator for this group.
> >
> > Part of my role with aidinfo is to understand and facilitate community
> > efforts around aid transparency and open data - I have the time and
> > enthusiasm to do so here and I think there's a lot to be gained from this
> > group.
> >
> > So, if I may:
> >
> > * If anybody has any objections/refinements to the proposal of me acting
> as
> > coordinator, please share them. I'll assume there is consensus unless I
> hear
> > otherwise by Friday.
> >
> > I'll then share some further potential actions including:
> >
> > - arranging a monthly conference call for the group
> > - sharing suggestions for key people to invite to this group
> > - sharing some ideas for coordinated group activities (e.g. answers and
> > guides around the questions identified above)
> > - potential panels / sessions / side-events / pub meetups at upcoming
> > conferences & events
> >
> > With kind regards,
> >
> > Tariq
> >

> > Tariq Khokhar
> > Technology Innovation Analyst
> >
> > Mob:  +44 (0) 7896 442055
> > Skype: tariq.khokhar
> > Email: tariq.khokhar at devinit.org
> >
> > Development Initiatives, Keward Court, Keward Business Park, Jocelyn
> Drive,
> > Wells, Somerset, BA5 1DB, UK
> > Tel:  +44 (0) 1749 671343 (switchboard)
> > Fax:  +44 (0) 1749 676721
> > devinit.org | globalhumanitarianassistance.org | aidinfo.org

> Jonathan Gray
>
> Community Coordinator
> The Open Knowledge Foundation
> http://blog.okfn.org
>
> http://twitter.com/jwyg
> http://identi.ca/jwyg

Chris Watkins

Appropedia.org - Sharing knowledge to build rich, sustainable lives.

blogs.appropedia.org
community.livejournal.com/appropedia
identi.ca/appropedia
twitter.com/appropedia