[open-development] SlashOpen.net now online

Patrick Anderson agnucius at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 20:36:48 UTC 2011

Hello Tobias,

I am very interested in a sub-part of this problem
for which I don't see much discussion, and so would
ask forgiveness if this is outside the scope of the
/open project...

The subject has to do with the costs of *hosting*
data that we want to make open.

My thinking revolves around the idea that, while
corporations like Google and Facebook are able to
cover their Costs of hosting AND to also Profit,
whilc we, as purveyors of Freedom, cannot seem to
cover even the Costs of hosting - and so lack even
the most basic file storage or email services.

I have some ideas about why this is not yet done
and some partial approaches to solving the issue,
but will wait to be sure you are interested.

Sincerely,
Patrick Anderson
http://SocialSufficiencyCoalition.BlogSpot.com