[open-development] Community Group on Development Linked Data (DLD)

Christophe Guéret c.d.m.gueret at vu.nl
Sun Jul 8 16:01:46 UTC 2012

Dear everyone,

Considering the increase in activities around Open Development Data, Tim
and I thought it would be interesting starting to discuss serving this open
data as 5-star Linked Data. Among the things to discuss and the
vocabularies to use, the best practices for technical choices (e.g. minting
URI) and the potential benefits of going 5-star.
More concretely, we would like to start with discussing the mapping, and
linkage, of IATI data as Linked Data.

The "Community Group" is a lightweight structure for such discussion
provided by the W3C. I've started one at:
http://www.w3.org/community/groups/proposed/#dld
So far, it is only a proposed group and we need 3 more votes to make it a
reality.
If you think that group is a good idea, you see what to do ;-)

If the group starts off nicely we have some further plans for organising a
F2F meeting in the autumn.
Let us know if you already have any suggestion/ideas about the
content/location of this event.

Cheers,
Christophe