[open-development] Exploring opportunities for co-hosting / cross-promoting or co-facilitating an online discussions on your web platform

Laura Meggiolaro laura.meggiolaro at landportal.info
Mon Jan 21 12:53:40 UTC 2013

Dear all,

The International Land Coalition <http://www.landcoalition.org/> will
facilitate an online discussion on the Land Portal
<http://landportal.info/>from February 6 to 20th. The aim of the
discussion is to raise awareness on
how participatory online platforms can help sharing good practices,
generating new knowledge to foster a good land governance.

We would like to explore the opportunity to do it in collaboration with
other similar online platforms. The collaboration can be in the form of
co-hosting / cross-promoting or co-facilitating the discussions on your
platforms.

The discussion will take place in February for two weeks (probably 6th to
20th) and will have the following title,

*Connecting People, Sharing Knowledge, Increasing Transparency. Using the
Land Portal to Increase Access to Open Data, Share Best Practices and
Monitor Women’s Land Rights *

The results of the discussion will be analysed and synthetized into a paper
to be presented at the Annual World Bank Conference on Land and Poverty
2013, to be held in Washington, DC from April 8-11, 2013.
The paper’s abstract was already submitted for consideration and selected
for presentation at the conference.
If you decide to co-host and co-facilitate the discussion with us we of
course will promote your logo and your brand in our website and at the
Conference.

In the past we have done similar collaboration with the FAO FSN forum and
the results were really encouraging. See the discussion thread
here<http://landportal.info/content/how-can-women-s-land-rights-be-secured>.

Please let us know whether this proposal is of interest for you. I am of
course available to further discuss it and answer any questions you might
have.

Thank you, have a nice day

--

Laura Meggiolaro | Land Portal Coordinator,

International Land Coalition Secretariat at IFAD | Via Paolo di Dono, 44 |
Rome 00142

+39 06 5459 2736 (T) | +39 3371246461 (M) | laura_meggiolaro (skype)

*http://www.landportal.info/*

http://www.landcoalition.org/