[open-economics] Open Economics Hackday - Yourtopia 2 Update and Thank You

Velichka Dimitrova velichka.dimitrova at okfn.org
Mon Feb 6 13:56:44 UTC 2012

Hey everybody,

I wanted to thank you again for coming to the Open Economics Hackday
Follow-Up on Saturday (February 4) - this would not have been possible
without you! I honestly enjoyed working with you until the late hours of
the night. Here a summary of the progress and the todos:

*# Data*
We finalised the data categories, which contain three indicators each -
please check out below for the update. We are still considering whether to
include the Public Services category, which is measured by an index of
citizens' satisfaction. Each indicator should have a description of a
couple of sentences - we are aiming at having these descriptions in
English, Italian, Spanish, German and Portuguese at the first instance.
Some data series still need to be added to the DataHub and to the Yourtopia
dataset, I am working on this, let me know if you want to help:
http://thedatahub.org/dataset/yourtopia-italy

*# Texts*
Please, give us a hand in finalising the texts. You can find  at
http://econ.okfnpad.org/yourtopia2 suggestions both for

* frontpage texts
* a short overview text
* a longer background text

As Dirk wrote, we would very much appreciate it if you go through the text
and help us edit. We want to make sure everything is fine before starting
the translations.

*# Visuals*

We could use some of the old Yourtopia logos or design new ones (NB: we are
definitely keeping the inequality logo!!!). Would you like to participate
in the logo design?
@coders - Would you give us an update of what was done and what still needs
to be finished?

Velichka

Data summary

# Labour market (employment, youth unemployment, long-term unemployment)

# Education (tertiary education, early leavers, people neither in work nor
in education)

# Health (mortality rate, health perception, chronic deceases)

# Environment (renewable energy share, GHG emissions, Air quality)

# Science and Technology( patent applications, researchers, internet users)

# Household Income and Poverty (GINI, poverty incidence, satisfaction)

# Crime and Security (homicides, violence against women, crime perception
in each area)

# The Economy - Macroeconomics (GDP per capita, inflation, regional debt)

# Public Services (?, ?, ?)

--
Velichka Dimitrova
Open Economics Working Group Coordinator