[open-economics] Fwd: [okfn-discuss] Open Source Finance Meetup in San Francisco, February 20

Alexander Praetorius citizen at serapath.de
Wed Feb 13 19:51:46 UTC 2013

I'd like to attend.
I wonder why you think that a calculation could solve the problem.
What leads to the believe, that something as a "default probability" could
be calculated at all?

If it is not transparent, then people wonder if they could trust in ratings.
If it is transparent, then people could perfectly anticipate the rating
method, rendering the rating obsolete, because Sovereign Debt could be
artificially engineered in a way that optimizes the rating, so that the
actual rating will never reflect the "true probability of defaulting".

So people will start to interpret the "official open source rating" and the
problem will start again :-)

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 8:18 PM, Velichka Dimitrova <
velichka.dimitrova at okfn.org> wrote:

> [...]

Best Regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Alexander Praetorius
Rappstraße 13