[open-economics] About Argentina and Openeconomics

Gustavo Silva gustavosantaremsilva at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 15:31:24 UTC 2015

Hi Alejandro,
Hi Paul,

I took a look at your article. It is definitely very interesting and
supportive of our cause. Don't take my comments as negative criticism, but
instead try to see them as a constructive critic. I didn't do much of a
spell check because my English is not perfect either. My focus was on the
content of the article. I am expecting your intention to develop great
things for Argentina with this group (and with help from all others). I can
help you meeting the right people, if you are interested.

Open Economics (and OK) focus is to increase the debate quality and
challenge the status quo and standards, providing scientific explanations
for their inputs. Therefore, we cannot publish any personal/opinion
articles. You raised very interesting and valid points and I am willing to
post it if the content of the article is more focused in showing *why* open
data is important to the development of a country. In that sense, if you
are willing to rephrase some of your paragraphs, I think it would be
perfect.
Most of my "Unnecessary" comments are actually aimed to those bits that you
introduced your own opinion. As explained before, we cannot publish such
and I hope you understand. You may be 200% correct, but they are still
personal opinions. We can't take parties or opinions, since one of our
principles is independence from all interested parties.

One more thing: Avoid You're, isn't and other similar abbreviations. Formal
English requires one to write it completely. Please replace all
abbreviations you wrote with its full version (You're = You are; it's = it
is; and so on).

Thank you for sharing!