[open-economics] Project - Econ Factbook

Gustavo Silva gustavosantaremsilva at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 22:14:00 UTC 2016

Hello all,

In the past days, I have been working on preparing some projects for us to
work on and tried to fulfil its respective needs. More will come in the
future, although I am keeping my focus on Econ Factbook (
http://econfactbook.org/), a project created by Alex Peek, which has been
heavily discussed in the forums (
https://discuss.okfn.org/t/econ-factbook-website-suggestions/1737/26). My
other actions are focused on managerial stuff, which, indeed, I could use
some help in the future (some topics for you to consider if this has some
interest to you: Social media strategy, capturing new volunteers and
motivate older ones, website strategy & usage, GitHub administration &
management).

The group needs to get upfront and work together on this project. We
actually need more than two inputs at a time, otherwise this project will
take years (seriously) and we have more ideas coming over.
I'm doing my best efforts in Python, but being the latest language I
learned myself, it has not been easy. If you know how to code in Python (or
any other language), please drop by and help us keep the project running.

Another update: I'm still waiting for an approval to do major changes in
the groups' website. I will soon start a thread about it on the forum,
specially because we need one more functionality on the website that we
don't have for now - recycle datahub.io or CKAN and put it directly into
our website, so that people can download datasets, under the many economic
topics related.

If you have any question, drop by the forums or in IRC (#okfn-oe @
freenode) and I'm usually around.

Best Regards / Obrigado e com os melhores cumprimentos,
Gustavo Silva