[Open-education] Creative Commons 4.0 Licenses Launch!

Cable Green cable at creativecommons.org
Thu Dec 5 00:20:01 UTC 2013

Greetings Open Education Colleagues:

Good news!

The CC 4.0 licenses are now live and available for use:
http://creativecommons.org/choose

4.0 Blog posts:

   - http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/40768
   - http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/40935

What’s New in 4.0?

   - http://creativecommons.org/Version4

4.0 Policy Decisions and Versioning Notes:

   - http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Version_4

Evolution of the 4.0 license drafts:

   - http://wiki.creativecommons.org/4.0/Drafts

*And for good measure:* Best practices in CC Marking and providing
attribution:

   - http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Marking

[excerpt from the blog post]

   - "The 4.0 versioning process has been a truly collaborative effort
   between the brilliant and dedicated network of legal and public
   licensing experts
<http://wiki.creativecommons.org/CC_Affiliate_Network>and the active,
vocal open
   community <http://wiki.creativecommons.org/4.0/#Process>. The 4.0
   licenses, the public license development undertaking, and the Creative
   Commons organization are stronger because of the steadfast commitment of
   all participants."

The CC Education team will host webinars on what the 4.0 licenses mean for
open education. I will advertise webinar dates / times on these lists.
Many thanks to so many of you who contributed to the building of these
updated legal tools!  Together we can help teachers and learners around the
world share what they create, reuse others' educational resources and data,
and adjust learning spaces to increase access, reduce costs and improve
pedagogy.

Warmest regards,

Cable

PS - Thank you for sharing this news through your channels and with your
communities.

--

Cable Green, PhD
Director of Global Learning