[Open-education] Fwd: R: introduction

Darya Tarasowa darya.tarasowa at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 19:17:55 UTC 2013

Hello,

Let me then introduce myself, my research group and our project.

My name is Darya Tarasowa, I'm a PhD student at University of Leipzig, Agile
Knowledge and Semantic Web <http://aksw.org> research group.
Together with my colleagues we established the platform called
SlideWiki<http://slidewiki.org>.

Slidewiki enables the collaborative authoring of structured slide
presentations, that can be shared by CC-BY-SA license. Due to the
structuring, users can reuse parts or even individual slides in their own
presentations, edit their slide revisions without influencing original
slides. The whole presentation can be translated in one of 54 languages and
the translation can be later collaboratively edited and reused. A list of
self-assessment questions can be assigned to each slide, producing thereby
a list of questions inheriting the presentation structure.

I do not want to decribe all features of SlideWiki, if you are interested
in, you might have a look on
this<http://svn.aksw.org/papers/2013/CSEDU2013_SlideWiki/public.pdf>and
that<http://svn.aksw.org/papers/2012/EKAW_SlideWiki/camera-ready/public.pdf>
.
And of course, welcome to SlideWik <http://slidewiki.org>i (please, be a
bit patient - the index page is on reconstruction and may take some time to
load)

We are open to any feedback and will be glad if our project becomes usefull
for any of you!

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Kind regards,