[Open-education] R: introduction - POERUP

Paul Bacsich (Sero) paul.bacsich at sero.co.uk
Thu Sep 19 20:11:12 UTC 2013

Dear Markus

We will be glad in POERUP to collaborate where we can. We wish the German conference the best wishes.

We are not mandated to produce an OER policy document for Germany but you are welcome to work with us to adapt our EU-level document to the German context, noting of course the autonomous roles in education of the Länder which makes any such document more complicated. Our project is tasked to write OER policy documents for Wales, Scotland, England, Ireland, France, Netherlands, Spain and Poland, in each case written by or with the help of one of our partners or a leading expert on the country. For all these countries there is a vital role for experts to comment on and thus help us to refine the documents.

We foresee a particular role for open universities in such actions and also for other innovative providers. The release 1 EU document can be found at http://www.scribd.com/doc/169430544/Policies-at-EU-level-for-OER-uptake-in-universities

We are having our final International Advisory Committee for POERUP within the Media & Learning conference in Brussels in December (http://www.media-and-learning.eu) and are looking out for policy-aware ICT in education experts from across the EU interested in OER – if anyone can demonstrate such experience and is coming to Media & Learning anyway please let me know.

Paul Bacsich

Project Manager, POERUP - http://poerup.referata.com and http://www.poerup.info/
Senior Consultant, Sero - http://www.sero.co.uk