[Open-education] Fwd: R: introduction

Paul Stacey pstacey at creativecommons.org
Thu Sep 19 20:05:57 UTC 2013

Hi Open Education enthusiasts:

I'm Paul Stacey based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. I work for
Creative Commons as a senior project manager. CC has been doing tons of
work in open education. Currently I'm involved in the large Dept of Labor
TAACCCT grant <http://creativecommons.org/tag/taaccct> that requires all
newly developed resources to be OER. I'm also involved with the US State
Dept Open Book Project <http://www.state.gov/p/nea/openbook/>. These are
but a small sampler of the open education work we're doing. For many years,
prior to joining Creative Commons, I led the open education work of
BCcampus<http://www.bccampus.ca/online-program-development-fund-opdf-2/>in
Canada which is now focused on open
textbooks <http://open.bccampus.ca/>. I'm looking forward to collaborating
with OKFN and those on this list on advancing open education around the
world.

--
Paul Stacey
Senior Project Manager