[Open-education] Fwd: R: introduction

Billy Meinke billy.meinke at creativecommons.org
Thu Sep 19 20:38:59 UTC 2013

Hey All-

I'm Billy Meinke <https://twitter.com/billymeinke>, from Creative Commons;
I work with Paul Stacey as introduced above, but am located in San
Francisco, CA, USA.

My work in Open Education largely has to do with supporting grantees in the
US DOL TAACCCT <http://www.open4us.org/> Program, but I've also recently
been involved with CC's School of Open <http://schoolofopen.org/>, and am
leading the development of a series of OER-based
toolkits<http://cctoolkits.wordpress.com/> which
will be built by members of our global affiliate network.  Over the next
six months I'll be researching OER reuse/remixing (largely involving the
TAACCCT program) as a
fellow<http://oerresearchhub.org/fellowships/our-fellows/> of
the OER Research Hub at the Open University.

Open Education (in general sense) is my passion, but I also dabble in Open
Science/Access/Data.  I'm interested in exploring ways we can leverage the
open web to better communicate, collaborate and build awesome resources
together.  Looking forward to hearing more about others who are on the list.

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 1:05 PM, Paul Stacey <pstacey at creativecommons.org>wrote:

> Hi Open Education enthusiasts:
>
> I'm Paul Stacey based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. I work for
> Creative Commons as a senior project manager. CC has been doing tons of
> work in open education. Currently I'm involved in the large Dept of Labor
> TAACCCT grant <http://creativecommons.org/tag/taaccct> that requires all
> newly developed resources to be OER. I'm also involved with the US State
> Dept Open Book Project <http://www.state.gov/p/nea/openbook/>. These are
> but a small sampler of the open education work we're doing. For many years,
> prior to joining Creative Commons, I led the open education work of
> BCcampus <http://www.bccampus.ca/online-program-development-fund-opdf-2/>in Canada which is now focused on open
> textbooks <http://open.bccampus.ca/>. I'm looking forward to
> collaborating with OKFN and those on this list on advancing open education
> around the world.
>
> --
> Paul Stacey
> Senior Project Manager