[Open-education] R: introduction

Lorna M Campbell lorna.m.campbell at icloud.com
Mon Sep 23 12:38:50 UTC 2013

Hello all,

Just wanted to add to the introductions :)  I'm Lorna Campbell and I've been working in the domain of open education technology and interoperability standards for over ten years, most of that time as Assistant Director of Cetis http://www.cetis.ac.uk/  From 2009 - 2012, along with colleagues from Cetis,  I helped to advise the Jisc on the technology strategy for the Jisc / HEA Open Educational Resources Programmes (UKOER), and I also managed the programmes’ technical support projects.  My colleagues and I all blogged extensively about UKOER and published a synthesis of the technical issues surfaced by the programmes in a free ebook, Into The Wild: Technology for Open Educational Resources  http://publications.cetis.ac.uk/2012/601

Over the last year I've been involved in promoting open education policy within Scotland and earlier this year I organised the Open Scotland Summit in Edinburgh, which brought together senior representatives from a wide range of Scottish education institutions, organisations and agencies to explore shared strategic priorities and scope collaborative activities to encourage the development of open education policies and practices to benefit the Scottish education sector as a whole.

I’m also particularly interested in the relationship between OER and MOOCs, the interface between content analytics and learning analytics, and technology and standards for open etextbooks.  I’m one of the owners of the OER-Discuss Jiscmail list and I’ve also recently got involved with the new Open Data Glasgow group.

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to get along to the first Open Education Handbook meeting but I hope to be able to contribute as this initiative develops.

All the best!

Lorna

-- Lorna M Campbell --
Mail: lorna.m.campbell at icloud.com