[Open-education] Open Education Handbook available on Wikibooks

Mick FM mick at flossmanuals.net
Fri Dec 19 08:23:43 UTC 2014

On 18/12/14 10:17, Martin Poulter, Economics Network wrote:
> The different versions don't have to be peers: as in wiki-to-journal
> publication, we can have authoritative, checked versions and
> immediately editable versions.
> If the Wikibooks version gets ignored and people maintain the other
> versions, I'm fine with it: that'll be an experiment I'll learn from.
> Let's see what happens.

Ok Sure. In any case, that's where we are now so as you say let's see
what happens.

From my observations of books created in this collaborative way, one of
the key issues is that of ownership / stewardship. I'd love to hear some
thoughts / observations on that aspect especially examples of good
practice.

I've got to rush now but I'll definitely share some thoughts from things
I've observed at FLOSS Manuals and related work.

nice one
Mick

Mick Chesterman - mick at flossmanuals.net
mickfuzz [skype]