[Open-education] Webmaker Training feedback

Marieke Guy marieke.guy at okfn.org
Fri May 23 10:50:29 UTC 2014

Thanks Laura,

I think there are huge overlaps between the web maker activity and the
working group, especially related to open, participatory learning and
teaching methods.

So as far as I can see the main ways of getting involved are

  * Working through the modules - sign up
    <https://sendto.mozilla.org/page/s/webmaker-training>
  * Join the community <http://discourse.webmakerprototypes.org>
  * Participate in live sessions
    <http://discourse.webmakerprototypes.org/category/live-sessions>
  * Host a training
    <http://training.webmakerprototypes.org/en/host-a-training/> - at a
    school, club or uni
  * Passing on feedback
  * Remixing resources - everything is CC BY-SA licensed

I'm going to get started ;-)

Marieke

On 23/05/2014 11:04, Laura Hilliger wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> P2PU and Mozilla have been working together to develop Webmaker
> Training: #TeachTheWeb, and Marieke suggested that I send it around
> here. We launched the first module on May 12 (sorry, I didn't know
> this list existed until today!).
>
> I pointed the School of Open group to the Exploring module and the
> Building module specifically because they pull in open licensing and
> creating open educational resources, and I'm guessing some of you may
> be interested in those topics as well.
>
> http://training.webmakerprototypes.org/en/exploring/concepts/
> http://training.webmakerprototypes.org/en/building/concepts/
>
> Over at Webmaker Training, we're trying to help people become more web
> literate and make things for and with the Web using open practices and
> ethos. I invite you to get involved and teach/learn to/from each other
> and the people who are working in this community.
>
> The School of Open has been a huge source of inspiration for me, and
> I'm looking for ways to create better pathways from Webmaker Training
> to and from other open education initiatives. I think that we in open
> education have loads of crossover, and I am continually working to
> create stronger bridges for our communities.
>
> I would love any feedback you have, and appreciate any advice you
> might give. I work open, and iteratively, so don't be shy in saying
> something needs afixin!
>
> Looking forward to learning about the folks on this list* and
> strengthening our various open learning communities through more more
> more collaboration!
>
> Best,
> Laura
>
> *I see familiar names and wave hello to the few of you I've known for
> YEARS ;)
>
> Teach the Web <https://webmaker.org/> 	*Laura Hilliger*
> Training & Curriculum Lead
> Mozilla Foundation