[Open-education] About Open Textbook Sprints/Hackathons

Clint Lalonde clalonde at bccampus.ca
Mon Aug 17 17:01:55 UTC 2015

Hi Werner,

There was an open textbook sprint at University of Otago a couple years ago, lead by Erika Pearson, Bernard Madill, Richard White and Simon Hart at the University of Otago. As part of their project, they created (with support from CC New Zealand) a cookbook on facilitating an open textbook sprint. You can find it at http://creativecommons.org.nz/2014/06/the-open-textbook-cookbook/

I was one of the organizers of the BCcampus Geography Textbook Sprint last year. There are a number of other blog posts about the event that you might find useful. They have all been tagged and archived with the booksprint tag on the open.bccampus.ca website here: http://open.bccampus.ca/tag/booksprint/

Clint Lalonde, MA
Manager, Open Education
BCcampus | connect.collaborate.innovate
123-645 Fort Street Victoria BC V8W1G2