[open-energy] Progress Update

Dirk Heine dirk.heine at emle.eu
Sat Jan 29 14:17:58 GMT 2011

Dear all,

The first visualisation is getting ever close to being ready. Gregor
now even integrated a large part of what we originally planned for the
second one: a race towards the renewable shares targets.

In the meantime we drafted a concept for visualisation of the
lawmaking process towards meeting the climate targets. It's similar in
style to our idea on Tuesday but -for a nice change- uses only data
actually available. :-)

Please find it at http://wiki.okfn.org/Race%20towards%202020; and
please leave your comments.

Regarding data: GHG-emissions broken down into categories of primary
energy consumption were unfortunately not available (checked
everything) but for production we got it, and Gregor will see where it
fits into the country-view.

Now looking for renewable-shares for those years not in tsdcc110,
Gregor already programmed the framework for them.

With best wishes,

Gregor & Dirk