[open-heritage] History Hackday

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Dec 14 17:43:22 UTC 2010

On 14 December 2010 16:36, Matt Patterson <matt at reprocessed.org> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Rob Myers over on the mySociety list pointed out that I should mention this to you.
>
> I think I've spoken to some members about this already, so apologies to those...
>
> Right then. I'm organising the History Hackday event, which will be held in the offices of The Guardian over the weekend of 22-23 January 2011. You can read about it athttp://historyhackday.org/. You may be interested, and it would be lovely to get people from the Open Heritage group more involved. (This reminds me to reach out to OKF proper, which I forgot to do. I am a Bad Citizen of the web.)

This is fantastic Matt, I personally would be really interested in
participating and I'm sure there are others (an OKF project that is
particularly close to my heart -- though sadly still far from perfect
is http://weavinghistory).

One minor thing: it looks like the event may partially clash with the
UK Gov Camp 2011 <http://ukgc11.eventbrite.com/> (which I'd been
planning to attend ...)

I should also mention in case you aren't aware (you probably are ;) )
of the plans for a Space-Time camp in spring 2011:

<https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1R4g1IO15PECQUlBpB2Wpqzww5DJGE60DJem-jf2e-Gk&pli=1>

I imagine this would interest a similar audience?

Rufus