[open-heritage] History Hackday

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Dec 14 18:22:13 UTC 2010

On 14 December 2010 18:03, Matt Patterson <matt at reprocessed.org> wrote:
> On 14 Dec 2010, at 17:43, Rufus Pollock wrote:
>
>> This is fantastic Matt, I personally would be really interested in
>> participating and I'm sure there are others (an OKF project that is
>> particularly close to my heart -- though sadly still far from perfect
>> is http://weavinghistory).
>
> Quick, add it to the Datasets page on the wiki! http://historyhackday.pbworks.com/Datasets

Weaving history is less of a dataset and more of an app but I can
definitely add it (wiki seems to require login ...). You may
interested in looking through the datasets already registered on CKAN:

<http://ckan.net/package?q=history>
<http://ckan.net/tag/history>

It might even be worth curating your list of datasets for the hackday
on CKAN :) ? (CKAN is wiki-like so anyone can edit). You could just
agreed a tag and use that tag items. E.g. here's a list of datasets
from a workshop a couple of years ago:
<http://ckan.net/tag/workshop-20081101>

http://lanyrd.com/ ?

>> I should also mention in case you aren't aware (you probably are ;) )
>> of the plans for a Space-Time camp in spring 2011:
>>
>> <https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1R4g1IO15PECQUlBpB2Wpqzww5DJGE60DJem-jf2e-Gk&pli=1>
>>
>> I imagine this would interest a similar audience?
>
> I imagine so :-) I've been following that one from the sidelines, there's a lot of crossover but I think we have very different goals - theirs seems quite focussed and semi-abstract, whereas we're going to be quite random and very concrete. Nice and complimentary, I think.

Very much so :)

Rufus