[open-heritage] Getting started with new Working Group on Open Data in Cultural Heritage

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Tue Jun 22 17:07:58 UTC 2010

Dear all,

This is a new list for discussion of open data (and open content?) in
the cultural heritage sector. At the moment I've started this list
with only a handful of people and so it would be great if everyone
could give a sentence (!) or two briefly introducing themselves and
giving a sense of the main things they are interested in.

I'm Jonathan Gray at the Open Knowledge Foundation -- and I'm
particularly interested in representing data about people, artefacts
and collections in new ways (particularly on maps/timelines), and in
the potential of read/write cultural heritage databases which local
communities, experts and others can add to.

--
Jonathan Gray

Community Coordinator
The Open Knowledge Foundation