[open-heritage] Open Bliblio Hackathon and Workshop, 12-14 June, London

Sam Leon sam.leon at okfn.org
Mon Apr 23 09:48:10 UTC 2012

Hi All,

The Open Knowledge Foundation will be running an Open Bibliographic
hackathon and workshop from 12-14 June in London. Please see below for more
information.

The venue and dates have now been penciled in, but before we finally
confirm we'd like to guage two things:

(1) Who would be interested in joining the hackathon as a *coder* for the
full two days. We will be supplying accomodation for interested parties so
we can get some serious and focussed hacking done;

(2) Who would be interested in joining a *hands-on workshop* that will run
in parallel to the hackathon addressing the *technical challenges to
opening up bibliographic metadata at cultural heritage institutions*. This
is open to "technical" and "non-technical" people alike.

*If you are interested in attending either of these, please respond as we
would appreciate a 'show of hands'* - this isn't 'I will be attending',
just 'I am interested' or even 'I know someone who would be up for this' -
it helps us work out the exact shape of the proceedings and how much space
we'll need.

-------
Venue: likely to be Queen Mary University
University of London
Mile End Road
London
E1 4NS

Groups involved:
* Open Biblio Working Group <http://openbiblio.net> - emphasising the
utilisation of tools we've developed;
* Open Knowledge Foundation's Open  <goog_356216803>GLAM Working
Group<http://openglam.org>
;
* DevCSI <http://devcsi.ukoln.ac.uk/> - encouraging diverse thinking around
software development and technical innovation.

-------

Nearer the time I'll ping the list again with final confirmation of details
and invitations -- but do let us know if you're available on the said dates
and would like to attend or get involved in either of the suggested
activities.

Cheers,
Sam

--