[open-heritage] OCLC recommends Open Data Commons Attribution License (ODC-BY) for WorldCat data

Joris Pekel okfn.joris.pekel at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 21 08:21:12 UTC 2012

Hi,

thanks for this interesting discussion.
Related to my first question about compatibility with Europeana, this came
in this morning:

"OCLC and Europeana are collaborating to investigate ways of creating
semantic links between the millions of digital objects that are accessible
online through Europeana.eu in order to improve 'similar object' browsing."
(full text here: http://e2.ma/message/r54dc/v8lk0)

So this must mean they have found a way to make the ODC-BY license
compatible with the CC0 waiver... (?) Anybody knows more details?

All the best,

Joris

Joris Pekel
Community Coordinator