[open-heritage] Blog roll of case studies

Sam Leon sam.leon at okfn.org
Tue Sep 25 08:56:17 UTC 2012

Hi Sarah,

I would actually opt for using Delicious.

Essentially, we want a very lightweight environment for sharing interesting
case studies. While Word Press is excellent and open source, I think it may
be a bit too bulky for this exercise as it's built for users who want to
create lengthier articles and pages.

Tumblr is also a good option, even if it's not open source. However, I'm
not sure if you can invite collaborators on a bog, which is essential for
this..?

Does anyone else have any preferences?

Cheers,
Sam

On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 10:11 AM, Sarah Stierch <sarah.stierch at gmail.com>wrote:

>  Hi everyone,
>
> One of the ideas that we talked about on day one of Open GLAM was
> developing a blog roll of sorts that features case studies regarding Open
> GLAM/culture. We tossed around the idea of Tumblr, but, Tumblr isn't open
> source. While I use it for my own website right now, it's mainly because I
> haven't had the time to sit down and teach myself WordPress, which is open
> source.
>
> So a few questions:
>
> 1) Would we want to proceed with this in the immediate near future or
> should we wait to further develop content for it? One of our biggest
> problems was that while some documentation exists, it is either not public
> (i.e. sitting on one's laptop, or institutional only) or not professional
> grade documentation. Therefore, we might need a case study sprint, first.
>
> 2) Would we want do a Tumblr or a WordPress?
>     -If we chose to do WordPress, I would not be able to take any lead
> role on creating the page at this time
>     -Tumblr is pretty easy to use and most of us could contribute with
> ease.
>
> 3) If we do chose to do this, what will we call it (address wise and title
> wise)
>
> Thanks for your input,
>
> Sarah
>
> --