[OpenGLAM] Shared Shelf as an OpenGLAM platform?

Sean Gillies sean.gillies at nyu.edu
Fri Apr 19 19:44:55 UTC 2013

Hi, I'm Sean and I'm a first time poster.

My group is evaluating ArtStor's Shared Shelf for curating image
collections. Do any of you have an assessment of Shared Shelf as an
OpenGlam platform? I'm particularly interested in both technical and
managerial/political comparisons to Flickr and Wikimedia.

I've noted that both Flickr and Wikimedia Commons are represented in
http://datahub.io/group/open-glam, but that Shared Shelf's Commons (
http://www.sscommons.org/openlibrary/welcome.html#1) is not. I also don't
immediately see any openglam-tagged datasets that are hosted from a
deployment of Shared Shelf.

Thanks,

--
Sean Gillies