[OpenGLAM] we're looking for partner org for ECF collaboration grant on crowdsourcing heritage data / knowledge

Alek Tarkowski atarkowski at centrumcyfrowe.pl
Wed Mar 13 14:40:34 UTC 2013

Dear all,

Centrum Cyfrowe Projekt: Polska (http://en.centrumcyfrowe.pl/) is
looking for partners for joint application for Collaboration Grants
funded by European Cultural Foundation
(http://www.culturalfoundation.eu/grants/collaboration-grants?utm_source=MailingLijst&utm_medium=e-mail&utm_campaign=21-08-2012
<http://www.culturalfoundation.eu/grants/collaboration-grants?utm_source=MailingLijst&utm_medium=e-mail&utm_campaign=21-08-2012>).

During the project we would like to develop the idea of using
crowdsourcing in field of cultural heritage. Since 2012 we are running
"Otwarte zabytki" (Open historical sites) project
(http://otwartezabytki.pl/en/strony/o-projekcie), which one of main
goalsis to engage citizens in building knowledge base about historical
sites in Poland (based on official register of Polish monuments prepared
by the National Institute of Heritage). As part of the project we
conducted a succesful crowdsourcing sprint on heritage data last summer,
and are running ongoing actions that build engagement around the site.

What we would like to do in the common project:

- to help implementing "Otwarte zabytki" platform in other countries

- to share and exchange experiences on using crowdsourcing in the filed
of cultural heritage

- to develop together methodology for engaging citizens in a project
dealing with preservation of historical sites / heritage.

If you are interested in this initiative, please contact project
coordinator Katarzyna Werner (kwerner at centrumcyfrowe.pl
<mailto:kwerner at centrumcyfrowe.pl>).

All the best,

Alek