[OpenGLAM] The Europeana Fashion Challenge

John Andersson john.andersson at wikimedia.se
Tue Nov 26 17:46:44 UTC 2013

Hi everybody!

I just wanted to highlight our online contest, the Europeana Fashion Challenge.[1] We launched the Challenge during a week when three fashion edit-a-thons took place: in Sweden, Israel and Italy and the idea with the contest is to increase retention rate amongst the beginners and to attract more people to take part online. The edit-a-thons were productive, however, we have been having a hard time getting the participants/fashion experts to
 sign up and participate in the contest so far. I am saying so far as
there still is 16 days left of the contest!

Now I would ask all
of you smart people for help! First of all to take a close look on the
pages for the Challenge and see if there is anything we could change to
make it easier to
participate? Secondly, to spread the word about the contest so that
other people take part! Everybody are welcome and there is a really nice book bundle sponsored by ten different fashion museums.

Best,

John

- - - -

John Andersson

Wikimedia Sverige

Project Manager

Phone: +46(0)73-3965189

Email: john.andersson at wikimedia.se

Skype: johnandersson86

Be sure to follow us on Twitter at @WikiEuropeana and @WikimediaSE
Would you like to support free knowledge and Wikipedia? Please consider becoming a member of Wikimedia Sverige! We need your support.