[OpenGLAM] Apps for Culture 21/9, Ghent

Joris Janssens joris at packed.be
Thu Sep 5 12:34:18 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I wanted to inform you about our apps for culture event which will take
place in Ghent in two weeks (saturday 21/9). The event is centered around a
hackathon with open cultural data, but there is also an afternoon program
for less technical out there.

The event is part of the opencultuurdata.be campaign, which is a Flemish
continuation of the successful Dutch opencultuurdata.nl initiative. Over
the last couple of months we were able to convince some Flemish cultural
institutions to publish (part of their) collections as open data. You can
find the datasets which are already available here:
http://opencultuurdata.be/datasets/ (dutch!), more will follow next week..

You are all very welcome to attend this day as a visitor or hacker.
Registration at http://appsforculture.eventbrite.com

More information on http://appsforculture.be/about/

Joris

--
Joris Janssens

PACKED vzw - Expertisecentrum Digitaal Erfgoed
Rue Delaunoystraat 58 #23
B-1080 Brussel
Belgi(ë/um)

t +32(0)22171405