[OpenGLAM] content trafficking

Bettina Cousineau bdcousineau at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 20:30:59 UTC 2013

Ben - yes, re-use of content for all, equally.

Ok, round two:

Content trafficking is the trade in public domain works by the host
cultural heritage institution as a revenue source. Access to use and re-use
of the public domain works is restricted by rules and/or licensing and is
accompanied by a monetary exchange. Content trafficking can be evident in
many forms: gift products, reproductions, commercial and non-commercial use
and licensing fees, and public paywalls. The host institution controls the
use/re-use and the levels of income from extracted "their" public domain
works.

Getting closer? Feel free to jumble it around, and try changes.

Thanks everyone, this is very instructive.

Bettina