[OpenGLAM] Content Trafficking v.3

Sarah Stierch sarah.stierch at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 18:26:08 UTC 2013

And I realized I didn't really answer your question - about how they
"measure" the impact. I don't know. We'd have to ask them.

Measuring the impact of content donations is something we're trying to sort
out via the Europeana toolset and work I'm doing on the Program Evaluation
team at the Wikimedia Foundation.

Maarten Brinkerink has also been someone at the forefront of thinking about
this. I'm not sure. It's just like trying to figure out the reuse
situation. How do we make the content released to Wikimedia Commons MORE
accessible (people have no clue this stuff exists once the "hype" wears out
after release). I'd figure, that'd be the value - people are using and
accessing the content outside of just "seeing it blogged" or finding it
occasionally in a Wikipedia article.

Sarah