[OpenGLAM] Public Domain Review's Class of 2015

Sarah Stierch sarah.stierch at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 15:59:58 UTC 2014

There is also quite a discussion happening on the closed (you have to be
approved to subscribe due to various reasons) cultural partnerships
Wikimedia list about Ian Fleming...

His works might only be PD in Canada in 2015. I will forward details as
they come along. Inquiries are being made (one list member has a colleague
at the Fleming library).

This just shows the ongoing complexity of country to country copyright.

For example: if it doesn't meet USA PD guidelines it can't be uploaded to
Wikimedia Commons (the servers are in the USA).

Sarah