[OpenGLAM] The Crusade for Curious Images: The British Library one-million images...one year on

Sarah Stierch sarah.stierch at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 16:20:56 UTC 2014

Awesome - thanks Marieke. Really pleased to see creative reuse taking place
- and super impressed with what has been created so far!

Here are all the images on Wikimedia Commons, so far:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Images_from_the_British_Library

Clearly we are missing some from Flickr (release the bots!)

-Sarah

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 5:47 AM, Marieke Guy <marieke.guy at okfn.org> wrote:

>  Hi Everyone,
>
> In December last year the British Library released over a million images
> on to Flickr Commons. The images were taken from the pages of 17th, 18th
> and 19th century books digitised by Microsoft and gifted to the British
> Library. One-year on and they celebrated with an anniversary event looking
> at what researchers and artists have been doing with the released images
> and considering what the next phase is for the British Library Labs.
>
> I was lucky enough to go along and have written a post about it on the
> OpenGLAM blog:
> http://openglam.org/2014/12/19/the-crusade-for-curious-images/
>
> Season's greetings!
>
> Marieke
>
> --
>
> Marieke Guy
> Project Coordinator | skype: mariekeguy | tel: 44 (0) 1285 885681 |
> @mariekeguy <http://twitter.com/mariekeguy>
> Open Education Working Group <http://education.okfn.org/>
> Open Knowledge <http://okfn.org/> | @okfn <http://twitter.com/okfn>|
> Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork> | Blog
> <http://blog.okfn.org> | Newsletter <http://okfn.org/about/newsletter/>
> http://remoteworker.wordpress.com

Sarah Stierch

-----

Diverse and engaging consulting for your organization.

www.sarahstierch.com