[OpenGLAM] Fwd: [MCN-L] Te Papa releases over 30000 images for free in high resolution

Matt McGregor matt at creativecommons.org.nz
Tue Jun 3 07:41:59 UTC 2014

Hi Harry,

Greetings from New Zealand! It is indeed good news. To guess the
answer to your question, Te Papa have around 500,000 items available
through collections online, and most of that won't be open for reuse
(yet). There's a lot of in-copyright works in the collections. They
also have some indigenous works, which won't be made fully open for
cultural reasons, regardless of its copyright status. The work to
which you linked might fall be in this latter category.

--
Matt McGregor
Public Lead