[OpenGLAM] Join the Umepedia Challenge!

John Andersson john.andersson at wikimedia.se
Sun May 4 11:49:43 UTC 2014

Hi there!
Far up north here in Sweden we have more than ice and elks! This month (1st-31st May) you are invited to take part in a writing contest about the northern city of Umeå, which currently is the European Capital of Culture.
These 40 important articles are needed in your language as we hope to place QRpedia signs next to these landmarks in Umeå during 2014, making it easier for tourists and immigrants to enjoy the city's history and culture. This will make Umeå the first Wikipedia city in the Nordic countries! :-) Our first two signs are already placed on the city's two museums: Västerbottens museum and on Guitars – the Museum (which also have 18 QRpedia signs inside in its exhibition).

The contest is off to a fantastic start with plenty of contributions! But with 27 days left there is plenty of time to get into the contest and win some great prizes! So do join the challenge!

Please help us spread the word about #Umepedia in your communities and on social media!
Kind regards,
John- - - -John AnderssonWikimedia SverigeProject Manager for Umepedia
Phone: +46(0)73-3965189Email: john.andersson at wikimedia.seSkype: johnandersson86
Be sure to follow us on Twitter at @WikiEuropeana and @WikimediaSEWould you like to support free knowledge and Wikipedia? Please consider becoming a member of Wikimedia Sverige! We need your support.