[OpenGLAM] Open Collections Sprint - 23 April

Lieke Ploeger lieke.ploeger at okfn.org
Wed Apr 15 07:16:30 UTC 2015

Dear all,

Work has progressed on the new Open Collections page on the OpenGLAM
website, and we are excited to let you know that the improved version is
now live at http://openglam.org/open-collections/. The page collates
details of open collections and lists of of open collections in a visually
attractive way. It is intended for anyone interested in finding open
content and delivered through Omeka software, with curation elements and
opportunities to add comments and tags to all content.

Before we share this news more widely, we want to make sure the content of
the Open Collections is of good quality, which is why we need your help!

   - We would love to add new open collections to our current overview, so
   if you know
   of any open collections (digital scans or photos that can be freely used
   without any restrictions) out there, please recommend them by
clicking 'Contribute
   an item'.

   - We are organising a *community sprint* to make sure that the
   information for each of the collections is completely up to date. This
   sprint will take place on *Thursday 23 April, from 19.00 - 21.00 CET* -
   you are all warmly invited to join! During the sprint, each participant
   will be allocated several open collections to check on:

   - Metadata: is everything correct?
      - Does the collection have a good display image?
      - Which tags can be added to the collection (from this set of tags
      <https://docs.google.com/a/okfn.org/spreadsheets/d/1qq26YcR7E-qsYJTPzJ2bY4uMFSnX353QpUqg7_q_HBI>
      )?
      - Could the collection be awarded the OpenGLAM badge of approval?
      (see http://omeka.okfn.org/exhibits/show/open/badge)

If you want to participate in the sprint, please fill out this form
<https://docs.google.com/a/okfn.org/forms/d/1dsWR56hC2cybJEIp5Cx590xI_KqoG_zWCI4MiqBOLGI/viewform>
so
we can register you as a user in the system. We'll share some more detailed
instructions beforehand of course as well.

Many thanks for your help and feedback, and looking forward to having a
great Open Collections overview ready to be widely published soon!

Best regards,

Lieke Ploeger.

--
Lieke Ploeger