[OpenGLAM] Intervening in Pond5's public domain project

Edson, Michael EDSONM at si.edu
Wed Apr 22 18:29:01 UTC 2015

BTW, I've reached out to Pond5, who have started (or I've just become aware of it) a Public Domain collection gleaned from GLAM institutions.
http://www.pond5.com/free

I'd like to encourage them to consider their efforts in the context of the overall OpenGLAM movement, and make some changes to the way they harvest and display metadata, attributions, etc. With some work, they could be a great positive example/case study for commercial/creative re-use of public domain collections.

If anyone is already in contact with Pond5 please let me know (it doesn't seem like this is the case) or if you have any insight, advice, or want to help, just give me a shout.

Thanks!