[OpenGLAM] ALPIS 2016 - "Beyond creativity, towards collaboration in practice" - 10-13 February 2016, Carisolo (Trento, Italy)

Teresa Macchia teresa.macchia at unitn.it
Tue Dec 22 10:19:21 UTC 2015

[Apologies for cross-posting]

Dear all,

we are pleased to invite you considering to attend and participate to
ALPIS 2016.

ALPIS 2016 is a symposium on */Beyond creativity, towards collaboration
in practice/* to be held in Carisolo (Trento, Italy) on February 10-13th
2016.

For a detailed description of the event, its scientific aims, the venue
and practical information, please visit: https://events.unitn.it/en/alpis16
Below, you can find a short intro to the event.

Feel free to circulate it among your colleagues and networks.

We look forward seeing you in Trentino!

Teresa Macchia,
Alpis Organizing Team
alpis at list.disi.unitn.it

Intro & Short Description:

In 2016 the ALPIS-Alpine ski seminar on Information Systems will achieve
its twelfth edition. By building on the outcomes of the previous edition
(Infrastructuring for the Common Good), it will continue to provide an
occasion for fruitful conversations among senior scholars and young
researchers (PhD students/candidates and early stage post-doc
researchers) from different fields. "Beyond creativity, towards
collaboration in practice" is the theme that will set the stage for the
ALPIS 2016 conversations. The friendly atmosphere that has engaged so
many participants up to now, will also characterize the twelfth ALPIS
edition.

A revamped interest for creativity has recently concerned Design
Studies, Computer Sciences, as well as Social Sciences and Humanities.
Indeed, research in these fields has started focusing on the
relationship between creativity and innovation. Phenomena such as Fab
Labs, Maker Faires, Hackerspaces, and Living Labs are relevant examples
of novel bottom-up sociotechnical phenomena. At the same time, a wider
scenario of policies and funding programmes have influenced both the
innovation and knowledge development, as well as the optimization and
exploitation of such production processes, co-creation included. It is
noteworthy that the European H2020 framework programme has recently
emphasised the catalyst role of ICT for art and creative industries.

This context prompts us to critically discuss about the creativity and
collaboration. On the one hand, we take seriously the risks of
transforming such concepts into new “buzzwords”. On the other hand, we
aim to step forward by stating that the innovation relies on the
creative and collaborative processes. Our purpose is to delve into
participatory practices. Accordingly, we are interested in understanding
how to foster collaboration in practice while paying attention to the
heterogeneity of people and things to involve. ALPIS embodies a friendly
context for comparing perspectives and experiences on new challenges,
the serendipitous and unexpected outcomes of the fieldwork, the pitfalls
and opportunities for researching into and/or practicing collaboration.

During ALPIS the mornings will be free for participants to enjoy the
nature, the surroundings or the ski resorts, whereas the afternoons will
be dedicated to the following academic activities:

* Thematic roundtables (opened by senior lecturers and discussants with
open debate)
* Session for PhD students/candidates and early stage researchers
(projects presentations + Q&A)
* Session for open discussion

Submission and requests for participation *open until 17th January 2016
* (or until maximum number of participants is reached).
Proposals will be evaluated individually and outcomes will be
communicated quickly

Detailed info available at: https://events.unitn.it/en/alpis16