[OpenGLAM] Elog.io now up w/ Commons data

James Morley James.Morley at europeana.eu
Fri Jan 23 06:47:02 UTC 2015

Hi Jonas

This is great to hear. I've had the Chrome extension installed for some time and have made a very small contribution towards those figures!

If you are now looking at expanding the range of indexed content, can I offer my help with anything you might want to look at regarding Europeana content? We are also in the final stages of our project that will allow users to extract material not just by license, as you currently can, but also by technical metadata related to the media - for example image dimensions, colours etc. I think this should open up a few possibilities for you.

As an aside, it's great that you've had a good response from Flickr Commons. Whenever I have worked with their content it has been really difficult to get any sort of response other than from a few individual staff members I have established contact with.

Finally, I'm sure, whether informally or more formally, we can try to give some help with the awareness campaign and I will talk about this with colleagues today.

Best wishes

James