[OpenGLAM] invitation: Coding da Vinci - the first German open cultural data hackathon

Helene Hahn helene.hahn at okfn.org
Mon Jun 22 10:00:40 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

we are happy to announce the second edition of Coding da Vinci
<http://codingdavinci.de/english-infos/>, the first German open cultural
data hackathon, that brings together both cultural heritage institutions
and the hacker & designer community to develop ideas and prototypes for
the cultural sector and the public.

This year we grew bigger: 33 cultural institutions from all over Germany
opened up 47 cultural datasets <http://codingdavinci.de/daten/> this
year enabling everyone to remix, collaborate, and co-create new ideas
and projects based on that data.

On the 5th of July, all projects will be presented during the award
ceremony in Berlin. Prizes will be awarded to the best projects at the
end of the hackathon in six categories: ‘most technical’, ‘most useful’,
‘best design’, 'funniest hack’, ‘out of competition’ and ‘everybody’s
darling’.

We would like to invite you to the project presentation and the award
ceremony on the *5th of July* 2015 from *10:30 AM to 4:30 PM at
Jüdisches Museum Berlin* (Lindenstraße 9-14, 10969 Berlin).

Agenda:

10:30 reception opens
11:00 welcome session
11:30 project presentations
13:45 cast your vote!
14:00 snacks
15:40 award ceremony
16:30 end

The event is free of charge, snacks and drinks will be provided. We
kindly ask you to register here
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ew14v5b5jGOcWC0W5-UHCL4wO5D5kxjLMB_ZOr7zCoo/viewform>.

Join us and get inspired by the ideas and possibilities of cooperations
in the field of digital cultural heritage. Feel free to forward this
invitation to friends, colleagues, and other interested parties.

Best,
Helene

Coding da Vinci - the cultural hackathon is a collaborative project by
German Digital Library <https://www.deutsche-digitale-bibliothek.de/>,
Open Knowledge Foundation Germany <http://okfn.de/>, Service Centre
Digitization Berlin <http://www.servicestelle-digitalisierung.de>,
Wikimedia Germany <http://wikimedia.de/wiki/Hauptseite>.

--
Helene Hahn
Projektleiterin Open Culture & OpenGLAM

Coding da Vinci - Der Kultur-Hackathon

Open Knowledge Foundation Deutschland e.V.
Singerstr. 109, 10179 Berlin
www.okfn.de <http://okfn.de> | info at okfn.de <mailto:info at okfn.de> |
@okfde <https://twitter.com/okfde>
+49 30 57703666 2 | Fax: +49 30 57703666 9

Wir setzen uns für offenes Wissen ein! Sie auch? <http://okfn.de/support/>