[OpenGLAM] Possible gatherings of the "Wikidata + GLAM" Community in 2017

Estermann Beat beat.estermann at bfh.ch
Sat Mar 4 15:40:23 UTC 2017

Dear all,

The idea of ingesting heritage data into Wikidata on a large scale is getting more and more traction.
To get an overview of what has already been done, have a look at: https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:WikiProject_Cultural_heritage
Several further projects are under way.

In 2017 members of the "Wikidata + GLAM" Community are planning to attend various international conferences and hackathons.
I think it would be nice to have a couple of dedicated meet-ups where we can discuss hot issues related to Wikidata + GLAM, where we can exchange experiences, and where the non-initiated can meet those among us who have been sticking around on Wikidata for a while.

>From a casual enquiry on the Wikidata + GLAM Facebook group I have gathered the following conferences/hackathons that might be of interest:

·         Wikimedia Hackathon, Vienna - 19-21 May 2017<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Hackathon_2017>

·         LODLAM Summit, Venice - 28-29 June 2017<https://summit2017.lodlam.net/>

·         Wikimania Hackathon, Montreal - 9-10 August 2017<https://wikimania2017.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania>

·         Wikimania Conference, Montreal - 11-13 August 2017<https://wikimania2017.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania>

·         GLAM+Wikidata Gathering, Lausanne - 14 September 2017<http://make.opendata.ch/wiki/event:2017-09> (proposal)

·         Swiss Open Cultural Data Hackathon, Lausanne - 15/16 September 2017<http://make.opendata.ch/wiki/event:2017-09>

·         WikidataCon, Berlin - 28/29 October 2017<https://www.facebook.com/events/1358386070859989/>

If you are interested in issues related to the ingestion of heritage data on Wikidata, please indicate which events you are planning to attend this year by filling in the following Doodle:

http://doodle.com/poll/h4yxihtpcwgmyux6

If you are aware of any further events of relevance in this context, please let me know and I will add them to the poll.

Kind regards,
Beat Estermann

 [OpenGLAM.ch_Logo.jpg]
Beat Estermann
Coordinator OpenGLAM CH Working Group
http://openglam.ch<http://openglam.ch/>
Berne University of Applied Sciences
E-Government Institute
Brückenstrasse 73
CH-3005 Bern
beat.estermann at openglam.ch<mailto:beat.estermann at openglam.ch>

Phone +41 31 848 34 38

Swiss Open Cultural Data Hackathon, Lausanne, 15-16 September 2017 - Save the date!