[OpenGLAM] community call this Thursday & some news

Anna Torres de at wikimedia.org.ar
Thu Jul 11 20:19:01 UTC 2019

Hi Scann!

I have looked into the notes of today's meeting. I have a question
regarding and observation made by Sandra.

She said "Ah, would be great to include for the indigenous heritage aspects
there too!"

I am wondering what does it means or if you can clarify me this better?

On the other hand, as far as I see, we continue talking about OpenGlam. In
Latam we define culture in a more broader way and I am wondering if these
principles are to be apply also in here or are just for the northen kind of
organizations?
Is this a discussion that can be opened or something that has been already
decided?

Thank you so much in advance!

Hugs

El mar., 9 de jul. de 2019 a la(s) 11:03, scann (scannopolis at gmail.com)
escribió:

> Hey folks!
>
> Our next community call will take place this Thursday, July 11, at 7 PM
> CEST / 1 PM EST / 5 PM UTC, etc. Please remember to check your timezone
> before the call happens! We’ll be on this link:
> http://uberconference.com/openglam
>
> The agenda and link to the log for past calls is here:
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y-ooRioOKMgLJo5s9IB-kDmmq5ZXUsiAPGRBzMMJ6KM/edit#heading=h.tv36xpng8ehk
> .
>
> As it was announced by Ben Vershbow on our last community call, the
> Wikimedia Foundation will be supporting the work around revising and
> publishing the OpenGLAM Principles/Declaration in the coming twelve-month
> period  (through June 2020). This means that we’ll have support for some of
> the things we’ve been discussing on our last calls, and also that we could
> potentially do a bit more than what we initially expected.
>
> Wikimedia’s support makes possible  things like project management and
> support for the OpenGLAM community in the rewrite and release of the
> OpenGLAM Principles/Declaration; revamping the OpenGLAM website & defining
> a strategy for current communication channels; and allocating some travel
> funds for people to promote and engage the sector around the Declaration.
>
> I’ll be coordinating this process, and I want to make sure that everyone
> feels included and able to provide input. We’re still finalizing some
> drafts around current planning, but we’ll share those as soon as we have
> them and we’ll be asking for feedback & input on the best process we should
> follow for making this as impactful as we can.
>
> More information will be available soon, and Ben Vershbow will be
> attending Thursday’s call, along with colleague Sandra Fauconnier, to
> answer questions and hear ideas. If you have any questions in the meantime,
> feel free to ask via this mailing list, e-mail me personally, reach out via
> the Slack channel #cc-openglam at https://creativecommons.slack.com or
> send a direct message to the @openglam twitter account.
>
> cheers,
> scann