[OpenGLAM] 2000 pathology images by Dr. Yale Rosen to Wikimedia Commons

Netha Hussain nethahussain at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 08:57:02 UTC 2019

Dear all,

I am very happy to share the news of Dr. Yale Rosen's donation of images to
Wikimedia Commons. He had shared over 2000 images related to pathology,
many of which are rare images, during his long career as a pathologist. He
used to run two Flickr streams, one for Atlas of Medical Foreign Bodies
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/foreignbodies> and other for pulmonary
pathology <https://www.flickr.com/photos/pulmonary_pathology/> images. I
had first approached Dr. Rosen for donating a few images, but he kindly
offered to donate his entire collection of approximately 2000 images plus
the contents from his pathology website <http://granuloma.homestead.com/> for
use on Wikimedia projects. He had shared several images under CC-BY-SA or
lower in the past, but this month, he moved his two large collections to
CC-BY-SA. All images from Dr. Rosen's Flickr streams are now available on
Wikimedia Commons here
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Images_by_Yale_Rosen_MD>.

Please feel free to engage in categorizing, adding structured data and
uptaking these images to Wikimedia projects. The naming and description of
the files are accurate and straightforward, so I think it is possible for
people without specialized knowledge in pathology to perform categorization
and addition of structured data. Kindly write to me if you have any
questions or comments.

Regards
Netha

--
Netha Hussain
Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology