[open-government] Economic benefits of open data (> Measuring impact session at OGD Camp?)

Tim Davies tim at practicalparticipation.co.uk
Mon Nov 15 07:55:06 UTC 2010

Hello David and all,

There are definitely some big methodological challenges in evidencing the
impact of OGD initiatives. I've proposed a possible session on Measuring the
Impact of OGD for the Camp later this week. Would be interested to know if
there are others coming with an interest in research and evaluation of OGD
that would make this session worthwhile (could try and secure a work session
slot; or just set up a space for discussion in the street-market).

Proposal from http://opengovernmentdata.okfnpad.org/session-ideas below:

   - *Measuring the impact of open data*

   - *Rationale:* There have been a lot of posts on the open government data
   mailing list recently about evidence on the impact of open data; this
   session would give researchers, policy makers and others the chance to
   discuss existing measurement of open data impacts - and to explore shared
   agendas for tracking impact in future

   - *Proposed by* Tim Davies (@timdavies)

All the best

Tim