[open-government] International Hackhaton - RHoK?

David Eaves david at eaves.ca
Mon Nov 8 17:49:10 UTC 2010

hi Pedro - I've been in touch with the RhoK people. They are awesome.

At the moment they aren't able to link the events but are supportive.
They also are only in a few cities and are focused more on apps for
crisis management. That said, I know there is a lot of interest on their
part in open data and being supportive of that, and of course, we love
RHoK...

I've linked to their site on the opendataday.org website and if we are
able to integrate the events more closely we will, but in the meantime,
we have a lot of people in cities where RHoK doesn't have events where
people would like to get together, and I'm keen on supporting anyone who
wants to have an event.

Also, the World Bank (which is sponsoring the RHoK event) has been in
touch a few times, they also want to help support the International Open
Data Hackathon so I know there is a real desire to ensure that both
events support each other.

Hopefully there will be more news on this front soon.

cheers,
dave
www.eaves.ca
@daeaves